Insights from Washington DC. Stay up-to-date as President Trump, the 115th Congress and the new Department of HHS leadership are making it clear that change is coming.
The Affordable Care Act (ACA) will be modified in 2017 and a new platform, including a potential ACA repeal, will become the news. What will replace the ACA? While legislative details, timelines and the speed of change remain uncertain, Oswald continues to be vigilant in providing proactive and actionable analysis. We bring industry insights from Washington DC and provide hands-on resources for strategic direction as the new phase of health care reform unfolds.
As Ohio’s largest benefits provider, Oswald has been a trusted advisor in providing clear, timely guidance since the ACA became law in 2010. Oswald provides expertise in assessing new benefit program options, creative designs and cost-saving funding alternatives, as the health insurance marketplace evolves.
View the latest Health Care Reform Advisories:
- PCORI Fee Due Date Approaching on July 31 (June 7)
- Status of “Repeal and Replace”Approaching July 4th (June 30)
- Senate Delays Health Care Vote (June 27)
- Breaking News — Senate Unveils ACA Replacement Legislation (June 22)
- ACA 2018 Shared Responsibility Percentage (June 15)
- Troubled Exchanges – Anthem Exits 18 Counties in Ohio (June 9)
- Snapshot of COBRA Notice Requirements (Group Health Plan Compliance) (June 1)
- CBO Analysis of the American Health Care Act (AHCA) (May 26)
- Side-by-Side ACA vs. AHCA Comparison Chart (May 18)
- The ACA vs. The AHCA (May 9)
- The American Health Care Act (AHCA) Passes in the House (May 4)
- Overlap of Tax Code Reform & ACA Reform Efforts (April 26)
- Snapshot Chart of the ACA Provisions Impacting Employer Health Plans (April 17)
- Proposed Amendments to the ACA (April 12)
- Health Care in Transition (April 7)
- GOP Pulls ACA Repeal from House Floor (Mar. 24)
- Taxation of Fixed Indemnity Plans: UPDATE (Mar. 14)
- ACA Tax Credits vs. AHCA Tax Credits (Mar. 14)- [WEBCAST] Click HERE for a 10 minute webcast addressing the difference between the refundable tax credits (subsidies) within the Affordable Care Act (ACA), as structured today vs. the refundable tax credits (subsidies) with the GOP proposed legislation, the American Health Care Act (AHCA). Amidst the current debate during the AHCA’s “mark-up” process in the House of Representatives, this difference is a key driver of the internal dissent within the Republican party. This webcast is intended as a quick-hit reference point and we will continue to provide updates as the AHCA legislative modifications unfold. Please contact us with any questions.
- GOP Unveils Health Care Legislation (Mar. 6, 2017)
- The ACA in Transition (Mar. 1, 2017)
- Taxation of Fixed Indemnity Plans (Feb. 24)
- 10 Minute Webcast – Status of the ACA “Repeal, Replace, Repair” Efforts (Feb. 22)
- Annual Medicare Part D Reporting of Creditable or Non-Creditable Prescription Drug Coverage Status to CMS (Feb. 17)
- Oswald Advocates on Capitol Hill on Behalf of Employers (Feb. 14)
- New HHS Secretary, Tom Price (R-G), Confirmed on February 10, 2017
- Countdown to ACA Reporting Filing Deadlines
- Status of the ACA: Insights from Washington D.C. (Feb. 2)
- President Trump’s ACA Executive Order
- Small Employers | Cures Act
- The Future of the ACA [WEBINAR]
View Oswald’s 2017 Compliance Services & Packages
Health Care Reform Risk Management & Consultative Service Highlights:
- Guidelines & checklists verifying annual regulatory compliance
- Multi-year planning strategy sessions to maximize a healthy workplace
- Step-by-step workshops, providing hands-on opportunity to creatively design, structure and understand health benefit options
Access archived webinars HERE.
GROUP HEALTH PLAN COMPLIANCE
Navigating your compliance strategy? Let us make your job easier. Let us provide you peace of mind through our hands-on guidance.
Click HERE to learn about Oswald’s EZ-ERISA tool as a cost-saving, efficient way to ensure all written plan documents remain in compliance. Our in-house ACA experts provide hands-on help to organize your compliance roadmap.
Comprehensive Risk Assessment
- Comprehensive Federal Annual ERISA Checklist & Hands-On Execution
- Affordable Care Act (ACA) Checklist & Evaluation
- Department of Labor (DOL) Audit Preparation Verification
- HIPAA, COBRA, Medicare Part D, CHIP Compliance
ACA Strategic Checklist
- Evaluation of New Risks, Opportunities & Options in the Changing Health Insurance Market
- ACA Employer Decision Tree – Employer Coverage Mandate & Penalty Exposure
Open Enrollment Checklist
- Step-by-Step Assistance with Employer-to-Employee Notice Requirements
Timely Oswald Advisories
- Executive Summaries with Action Items
- Webcast & Youtube Video Updates
- ACA & Compliance Implementation Webinars (Education Archive On-Demand)
Plan Document Assistance
- Wrap Documents, SPDs, SBCs, etc.
- HIPAA Compliance Training & Certification
Oswald Companies monitors all legislative and regulatory actions, and through our relationships with industry experts in Washington, DC, our dedicated team provides forward-looking strategic guidance for 2017 and beyond.
Disclaimer: Materials are solely for informational purposes as an educational resource. Please contact counsel to obtain advice with respect to any specific issue.