Join Oswald and the Ohio Society of CPA’s as they present Lessons from Losses – A Study in Risk Management.
Designed as an interactive dialogue amongst practicing accountants, attorneys, insurance underwriters and brokers in order to identify and define potential liability risks for Ohio CPAs. Rather than lecture on the “dos and don’ts” of your accounting practice, these risk management professionals provide insight on elimination of liability risk through the analysis of real life case studies.
In the hour-long presentation, they will examine some of the most common and intriguing risk scenarios in order to educate practitioners on some potential pitfalls lurking in the practice of accounting. At the close of the session we will also evaluate some of the trending topics in accountant malpractice liability.
Presented by Eric Teske and Chris Kakish of Oswald, Joe Borchelt from Reminger & Co. and Kristin Montalvo from Travelers Insurance, the session will feature the following learning objectives:
- Identify and define potential liability risks for Ohio CPA firms
- Provide insight on elimination of liability risk through the analysis of real life professional liability claims/case studies
- Develop lessons learned from the dissection of the claims/case studies
- Understand risk management techniques that accounting firms can use to mitigate losses
- Establish sensitivity to potential practice management pitfalls lurking in accounting firms
- Evaluate some of the trending topics in accountant malpractice liability
The webinar will take place on Wednesday, Nov. 18 at 1:00 p.m. ET. To learn more and register, visit: https://store.ohiocpa.com/product/48549