With hurricanes and tropical storms threatening areas of the United States, we have provided the following information on prevention and contingency:
After the Storm:
- Do what you can to secure all property from further loss. Cover roof damage with tarps and cover windows with plywood.
- Contact a local contractor to come provide a scope of damage.
- Contact your insurance Broker or Carrier to report any damage as soon as possible.
- You may have more than one insurance policy that will respond to the damage.
- Be sure you are reporting to all carriers where there could be coverage-Property, Auto, Flood and Windstorm.
For those affected, if you have a claim to report always contact your carrier immediately. It’s the fastest way to get claims processed. Insurance carrier claims teams are available 24/7.
Note: This communication is for informational purposes only. Although every reasonable effort is made to present current and accurate information, Oswald makes no guarantees of any kind and cannot be held liable for any outdated or incorrect information. View our communications policy.