About the Women’s Leadership Council (WLC)
In early 2013, Oswald officially launched its industry breakthrough women’s initiative, the Oswald Women’s Leadership Council.
Through this initiative, female leaders from all corners of the organization – sales, service and operations – have the opportunity to inspire, engage, and advocate for Oswald Employee-Owners, in support of professional and personal development.
Why it was established
Women in the insurance industry have historically faced challenges in elevating their careers to the leadership positions they seek. Oswald recognizes the contributions women offer to the profession and has established the Women’s Leadership Council.
Charter members were chosen based on select criteria to reach the best cross-section of the organization, their leadership skills and their commitment to advancing others. The coucil memebers are charged with cultivating an environment to empower, develop and advance women at Oswald and within the community.
Thought Leadership Blog Series:
- Oswald Women’s Leadership Council: Year of Celebration – Stephanie Kovacs
- The Year of Empowerment: Women’s Leadership Council 2017 Recap – Stephanie Kovacs
- The Business of Uplifting Others: Women’s Leadership Forum 2017 – Michelle Mindell
- Networking: Acquired Skill, Born With It or Maybe Both? – Cathy Kosin
- Three Key Actions Toward a Better Work-Life Balance: Women’s Leadership 2017 – Cindy Bowman
- Empowerment Through Awareness: Self-Defense Tips from The Women’s Leadership Spring Seminar – Jackie Koshar
- Fear Not Ladies – Take that Risk! – Denise Mirtich
- Career Sponsorship: Empowering Others and Paying it Forward – Deena Rini
- Women’s Leadership 2017: 10 Paths Toward Empowerment in Your Work and Life – Kim Ferenchak
- What’s in a Name? A Rarefied Skill to Maximize Professional Presence – Michelle Mindell
- Presence In Your Community: Three Steps to a Successful Service Day – Stephanie Kovacs
- A Stronger Presence: The Millennial Jump and our Industry Need as Strategic Leaders – Darlyn McDermott
- Presentations With Presence: How to Prepare Yourself and Inspire Your Audiences – Kim Ferenchak
- Taking Risks on the Real You: Three Ways to Erupt Yourself and Your Career – Christina Schmitz
- How Will Others See You in 2016 and Beyond? – Cathy Kosin
News and Events
- Natalie Yakunich Named to the 2018 Northeast Ohio Top 25 Under 35 Movers & Shakers List (March 2018)
- Christina Capadona-Schmitz to Receive Distinguished Marketing Award Feb. 22 (February 2018)
- Oswald’s Denise Mirtich Featured in the September Issue of PLANSPONSOR (October 2017)
- Deena Rini to Join Cleveland State University Business Panel: Women in Business, Today and Tomorrow (February 2017)
- Strategy, Governance and Influence: Views From The Oswald Women’s Leadership Forum 2016 (October 2016)
- Oswald Companies Appoints Catherine Kosin to Detroit Market Leader; Office to Celebrate 10 Years Serving Michigan Market (July 2016)
- Oswald Companies to Accept Advancement Award at 2016 Women of Distinction Luncheon May 20 (May 2016)
- Women Who Excel: Oswald Proudly Supports 2015 Awards Program (April 2015)
- Oswald Companies Earns Progressive Organization Award at 2014 Women Who Excel Program (April 2014)
- Oswald Companies Appoints Janice Tomlinson to its Board of Directors (March 2013)