Reduce Costs | Take Control | Create Stability
If your business experiences repeatable, consistent risk, this is what an alternative risk solution, such as a captive, can offer.
- Reduced Costs: Return of unused premium and investment income can lead to potential lower costs and lower net effective costs.
- Control: A captive can offer leverage against insurers, program and coverage flexibility, insulation from the pool of other risks and more control over claims through advanced risk control, safety practices and culture.
- Stability: Minimize unpredictable insurance pricing, mitigate shock losses and provide asset protection.
Oswald has access to group captives for just about every industry and we build specific programs for companies that don’t fit in a group or don’t want partners in their insurance program.
Oswald has the industry knowledge, marketplace leadership and proven solutions to get started on a custom program for you today.
Key Service Areas
- Captive Review, Consulting and Placement: Don’t go it alone. Let us review, consult and place coverage as needed.
- Reinsurance Negotiating: Are you already taking significant risk? Let us place your reinsurance.
- Program Development: We can build a new program or manage and develop one you already have.
- Alternative Services: We can source actuarial, legal accounting, domicile or management as needed.
Jason Stevenson, CIC, CPIA, MBA
Vice President, Practice Leader – Captives, Programs & Alternative Risk
Jason has more than 12 years of advanced business experience and has served hundreds of clients with diverse risks across many industries throughout the U.S. and Canada. His expertise lies in all lines of insurance related to the captive and program segments of the industry.
Jason is a mentor in the CICA Mentorship program, established in 2017. He also frequently advocates on behalf of the insurance industry, including an appointment to the Ohio Insurance Agents Association’s committee to advise the Ohio Bureau of Workers Compensation on interjurisdictional workers’ compensation issues. Jason has testified in front of both the Ohio and Senate Finance subcommittees at the Ohio State House.
Jason graduated from The Ohio State University and earned his MBA with a concentration in entrepreneurship from Baldwin Wallace University.