With hurricanes and tropical storms threatening areas of the United States, we have provided the following information on preparedness and contingency:
After the Storm:
- Do what you can to secure all property from further loss. Cover roof damage with tarps and cover windows with plywood.
- Contact a local contractor to come provide a scope of damage.
- Contact your insurance Broker or Carrier to report any damage as soon as possible.
- You may have more than one insurance policy that will respond to the damage.
- Be sure you are reporting to all carriers where there could be coverage-Property, Auto, Flood and Windstorm.
For those affected, if you have a claim to report always contact your carrier immediately. It’s the fastest way to get claims processed. Insurance carrier claims teams are available 24/7.
This post was originally published in September 2017; updated June 2023.
Note: This communication is for informational purposes only, and is not intended to offer legal, tax, or client-specific risk management advice. Information in this communication is not meant to describe specific coverages that may be advisable or available to you or your company, or to interpret specific coverages that may already be in place. General insurance descriptions in this communication do not include complete insurance policy definitions, terms, and/or conditions, and should not be relied on for coverage interpretation. Actual insurance policies must always be consulted for full coverage details and analysis. View our privacy notice.