Medicare Open Enrollment Starts Oct. 15: What Your Employees and Their Families Need to Know
Each year, open enrollment provides your employees the opportunity to enroll in workplace benefits such as health insurance, dental or vision coverage, and life insurance.
For the growing number of employees approaching or working beyond age 65, there is another open enrollment that takes place Oct. 15 through Dec. 7, the Medicare annual enrollment period.
In advance of and during the Medicare annual enrollment period, your Medicare-eligible employees become the target of an overwhelming volume of mail, emails, phone calls and television advertisements, with information about specific Medicare options.
Rather than helping your employees understand their Medicare options, these ads and solicitations may create confusion and complicate an already challenging subject – raising questions such as the following:
- Am I required to enroll in Medicare at age 65?
- Will I pay a penalty for delaying enrollment in Medicare?
- Would it be better to keep my health insurance at work or enroll in Medicare?
- What is the difference between Original Medicare and Medicare Advantage Plans?
- Who can I call for personal assistance?
Oswald Companies and UROne Benefits™ can help!
Join UROne Benefits™ for a 40-minute webinar to help answer these and other Medicare questions. Choose from five sessions that will be broadcast live.
Employees and their loved ones are encouraged to consult with our experts.