Commitment to Community is a pillar of Oswald Companies.
It serves as a core value that is continually reinforced in our employee-owners and carried into all of the communities we serve.
In addition to charitable donations and event participation throughout the year, leaders and employee owners take action for charitable causes, including serving on a multitude of non-profit boards, participating in fundraising programs and events, and giving back through volunteer work.
Commitment in Every Corner.
Oswald’s ongoing philanthropic efforts, and genuine care and involvement from employee owners at each corner of the business, has a halo effect. Our clients, partners and carriers have recognized the passion behind these programs, and in some cases get involved, or choose to refer our company to other like-minded organizations that share the same levels of dedication. Counted together, Oswald’s employee owners serve on more than 75 boards aiding causes including health and human services, the arts and children’s charities.
Oswald Conference Centre.
We know how difficult it can be for nonprofits to find access to meeting space. That’s why, when designing our headquarters at the new Oswald Centre, we created first-floor conference space that we provide free of charge for all area nonprofits to hold meetings and small events. The Conference Centre serves as the lasting way for us to show our appreciation to the community that has supported us since 1893.
The following are several of Oswald’s most valued programs:
Oswald’s Days of Caring: Every year, the company sets asides “Days of Caring” when all are invited to work together on a common cause. Employee-owners can also choose their own Day of Caring – on company time – to support organizations important to them personally.
Oswald Cares: This is Oswald’s employee-owner driven governing body that brings all fundraising and volunteering opportunities under one umbrella. This also includes internal fundraising and volunteer activities that support employees during the times they need it most.
Oswald Charitable Giving Committee: Employees can request Oswald contributions and participation for donations and charitable involvement.
View links to our community features articles below:
- Oswald Accepts 2017 Harvest for Hunger Bag of Hope Award, Greater Cleveland Food Bank
- Summer of Caring 2017: Community Service Highlights
- Oswald Companies named as 2017 Corporate Caring Award Finalist by Columbus Business First
- Cause and Effect: A Strong Start to Community Programs in 2017
- Serving Those Who Serve Us All: Days of Caring Fall 2016 Recap
- Presence In Your Community: Three Steps to a Successful Service Day
- The Right Direction: Understand the Roles, Responsibilities and Liabilities of Board Participation
- Community-to-Community: Oswald Employee-Owners Giving Back, Paying it Forward
We also have a dedicated Nonprofit Practice that serves more than 300 clients.